We embrace children and families in need in order to empower and equip them for a promising future.
We work to make a difference in people’s lives by applying resources to needs, so that all those we serve have opportunity to reach their God-given potential.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH WITH CORE VALUES
We Are Authentically Christian
- We believe that Scripture is God’s inspired and authoritative Word to humankind. We strive to live by its instruction for daily life, and it is the basis of our Core Values. (Psalm 119:1; 1 Corinthians 2:6-16; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe in the God-ordained sacred institution of marriage exclusively represented by a man and woman, that God created all people either male or female, and in strong families. We value all human life. (Genesis 1:27, 2:22-24; Psalm 139:13-16; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 19:4-6; Romans1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 13:4-8; Ephesians 5:22-33; Colossians 3:13; 1 Timothy 5:8)
- We believe that prayer must be at the center of all we do, both individually and collectively. We pray for God’s direction in all that we do as well as actively pray for one another. (2 Chronicles 7:14; Psalm 145:18; Mark 11:24; John 15:7; Romans 12:12; Philippians 4:6-7; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17; James 5:13; 1 John 5:14-15)
We Build Trust
- We believe that we must place all of our trust in the Lord. God is faithful and promises over and over again to never forsake us. He will provide for all of our needs according to his riches in Christ Jesus. We will also seek to develop trusting relationships with our ministry partners, key stakeholders, and those we serve. (Joshua 1:9; Psalm 28:7, 37:3-7; Proverbs 3:5-6; Isaiah 26:3-4; John 15:15-27; Romans 8:28; Philippians 4:19; Hebrews 13:8)
- We believe that to be effective, we must improve in body, mind, and spirit. Our individual and organizational growth will result in excellent and innovative services. In addition, we must embrace best practices and understand the importance of quality, professionalism, and accountability in all we do. (Psalm 119:66; Proverbs 1:1-7; 2:1-11; 9:9-12, 18:15, 22:17-19; Luke 2:52; Romans 12:2; Colossians 3:23-24; Titus 3:14)
- We believe in being good stewards of the time, talents, and treasures entrusted to us by God, through His people. (Proverbs 3:27; Matthew 6:19-21; Luke 16:10-12; 1 Corinthians 4:1-2, 10:24; Galatians 6:10; Titus 2:7-8; 1 Peter 4:10-11)
We Connect Compassionately
- We believe that having healthy and close relationships with others is built on having a personal relationship with God through Christ. (Galatians 5:13, 6:9-10; Ephesians 4:32; 1 Thessalonians 5:11; 1 Peter 4:8; 1 John 4:10-12)
- We believe in living lives of integrity. This value relates to all areas of conduct and character including how we relate to all people we serve and those with whom we work. We best display integrity when we support the cultural heritage of others by respecting the diversity of those we serve and those with whom we work. (Psalm 15:1-5, 25:21; Proverbs 11:3, 12:22; Micah 6:8; Philippians 4:8; James 1:12, 4:17)
- We believe in pursuing relationships with those in need of our services and investing our lives in them for their betterment and God’s glory. (Deuteronomy 15:11; Psalm 82:3-4; Proverbs 14:21, 31; Jeremiah 22:3; Acts 20:35; Hebrews 13:16; James 1:27, 2:14-17; 1 John 3:17-18)
We Demonstrate Christ’s Love
- We believe in loving others through Christ regardless of cultural, racial, ethnic, or spiritual belief differences. The Love of Christ knows no boundaries. (Matthew 7:12; John 15:12-17; 1 Corinthians 13:4-7; 1 Peter 4:8; 1 John 4:19)
- We believe in being of service to others – it is the reason we exist. Service is an underlying value of all our Core Values. (Deuteronomy 15:11; Psalm 41:1; Galatians 6:2; Philippians 2:3-4; James 2:14-17; 1 Peter 4:10-11)
- We believe in loving others – we are an example to others of our living faith. (Mark 12:30-31; John 13:34-35; 1 John 4:7, 11)
We Empower Children, Youth, and Families
- We believe that by strengthening families, we promote healthy children and youth and they are the core of all that we do.(Psalm 82:2-4; Proverbs 31:8-9; Matthew 25:37-40)
- We believe in sharing the gospel with children, youth and families. It is through Christ’s power that they will be able to be empowered in all areas of life. (Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Psalm 103:17-18; Proverbs 22:6; Matthew 19:14; Mark 16:15; John 3:16-17; Romans 10:9; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12)
- We believe that God has called us and will equip us for this great work. We demonstrate our Christian values by being of service to those in need. (Isaiah 1:17; Micah 6:8; Romans 8:31; Ephesians 2:10, 4:1-7, 11-13; Hebrews 13:20-21; James 1:5, 27)
Note: All the Scripture references are representative of the topic. They are by no means exhaustive. There are many other Bible passages that would apply to these Core Values.
Contribute to TBCH by volunteering, working with us, and touring our ministries.Volunteer
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.