All clients accepted into the Family Care program must complete an admission application and various steps of assessment. The first step is to complete an admission application. This is followed by an intake interview for qualified applicants and Family Care staff. A written admissions assessment of the information gathered from the intake interview will be prepared, addressing the physical, educational, financial, medical, spiritual, and emotional needs of the client. The level of motivation on the part of the potential resident is a significant factor in determining cottage placement. The following information is needed before admission can be considered:
- Birth certificate for each family member.
- Social security card for each family member.
- Immunization record for each child.
- Documentation of negative TB test results for mother.
- Valid Texas Driver's License.
- Automobile insurance and registration certificate.
- Divorce decree if applicable.
- Restraining order if applicable.
- Criminal background check.
Applications can be downloaded below and are available and may be filled out in our lobby at 1101 North Mays, Round Rock between 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Once a completed application is returned to the Family Care office, the intake coordinator will contact the applicant to schedule an intake interview. After the interview, it will be determined if the applicant is appropriate for residency based on the agency’s ability to serve. If it is determined that admission to Family Care is not appropriate for the ministry or the applicant, referrals are available to appropriate nonprofit resources in the community.
*Must read before signing Page 11 of the Family Care Application