The Commissary provides food, clothing, and household items to those who are being served by our programs and we greatly appreciate your help in providing these items.
The Commissary is open Monday through Friday from 8:00AM - 12:00PM and from 1:00PM - 5:00PM. We cannot accept donations on the weekends and holidays.
For more information about Commissary donations, please email Kelly Gilbert or call him at 512-246-4256.
For more information about Financial Support, please email David Gillian or call him at 512-246-4286.
For more detailed lists of our Commissary needs, please select the "+" next to your desired donation category below.
- Toasters, Coffee Makers, Utensils, Pots & Pans, Flatware, and Cookie Sheets
- Deep Pocket Twin Bed Sheets (solid colors)
- Twin Blankets
- Bathroom sets: solid colors that include 8 bath towels, 8 hand towels, 8 wash cloths, and 1 large washable mat/rug.
- Toys and stuffed animals
Used Items (less than 6 years old; from a non-smoking home with no pets; no tears or stains on item)
- Sofas, Loveseat Chairs, End Tables (no sleeper sofas or coffee tables)
- Dining Room Tables with at least 4 chairs
- Bedroom: Head & Footboard, Dressers, Night Stands
- Televisions: Flat Screen w/remote (only)
- Dishes (sets of 4)
We do not accept
- Used Mattresses
- Used Toys
- Baby cribs manufactured before June 2010 (State and National law)
- Used baby toys, bottles, etc.
- Entertainment centers
- Office furniture (desks, chairs and filing cabinets)
- Ceiling fans and light fixtures
- Used computers and printers
- Used pots and pans and utensils
- Toilets, sinks, dishwashers and counter top stoves
- Old books
- Box TV's, of any size
- Appliances (Stoves, Washers, Dryers, Refrigerators, or Microwaves)
- Stuffed animals
- Used games or puzzles
**No leftover garage sale items, please.
New or Like-New Clothing
- Undergarments (NEW)
- Swimsuits (NEW)
- Socks (NEW)
- Teenage boy t-shirts, polo shirts, shorts, jeans, and shoes
- Girls and Boys clothes (size 6 and up)
- Men, Women, and Children clothing (all sizes)
Clothing we cannot accept
- Clothing that is dirty, stained, torn, or been in a home with pets or smoking
- Used Undergarments
- Used swim suits
- Shirts that have foul language or inappropriate symbols
All items must have a good expiration date:
- Cases of water (small size bottle 8oz)
- Apple & Orange Juice (no bigger than 64oz.)
- Capri Sun 10pkg – Gatorade (all colors) Kool-Aid Jammers
- Sugar – Flour – Honey (all small containers or pkgs)
- Vegetable Oils (no bigger than 48oz) Canola Oil (small size)
- Trash Bags 4 gallon & 13 gallon (not scented)
- Ziplock Bags (quart & gallon)
- Aluminum Foil & Plastic Wrap (short containers)
- Salt and Pepper (small containers) & any other spices
- Crackers (regular and any other kind)
- Taco Seasoning
- BBQ Sauces and Steak Sauces
- Pickles (Bread & Butter – Hamburger Dill – Kosher Dill
- Salsa (No Picante) Mild to Medium only
- Old El Paso Red/Green Enchiladas Sauce Mild
- Enchilada Sauce Mix
- Sliced Jalapeno 12oz.
- Olives 15oz.
- Diced Green Chilies
- Pam Spray
- Apple & Apricot Jelly
- Popcorn (all kinds)
- Mustard and Honey Mustard (all under 20oz bottle)
- Snacks (all Kinds) they must be in individual packages
- Chips (same as above)
Fresh Food Items
- Cheese (sliced)
Frozen Food Items
- Meat (chicken, beef and pork) - All meat must be professional processed
- Pizza (sausage, pepperoni, cheese & supreme)
- Vegetables (corn, green beans, okra)
- Ice Cream
- Breakfast Items
- Hot Pockets
- Corn Dogs
- French Fries – Tater Tots – Onion Rings
- Fruit (strawberries, mixed, blueberries)
*We cannot accept dented cans or food that is past its expiration date.
- Laundry Detergent (120 ounces Liquid or Pods)
- Fabric Softener (liquid and sheets)
- Dishwasher Detergent (Liquid or Pods)
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Glass Cleaner
- 409 Cleaner
- Trash Bags (4 gal and 13 gal)
- Clorox Wipes
- Napkins and Paper Towels
- Toilet Tissue
- Ziploc Bags (freezer only) all sizes
- Diapers (Sizes 4, 5, 6)
- Pull-Ups (Sizes 4, 5, 6)
It’s Hard to Say “No Thank You”
While it’s hard for us to say “No Thank You” to any donation, sometimes we have no choice. TBCH falls under certain rules and regulations that are out of our control. Additional items are refused for very good reasons, such as Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations that require special handling and processing. Costs associated with disposing of items we can’t accept due to EPA regulations can be substantial and reduce financial support for our service programs. As good stewards of your contributions, it is important that we make the most effective use of your donations.